6 Ways Yoga Teachers Can Use Instagram’s New 60 Second Video Format
Instagram recently changed its video options to increase the allowed video length from 15 seconds to 60 seconds. (This is a change that is rolling out to everyone over the next few months, so don’t be alarmed if your own account still limits you to 15 seconds.) You know what this means? There is now a lot more that you can do to really engage your followers to get them talking and liking and tagging their friends.
Check out these six simple ideas that will take minimal time to prepare and will set you apart on Insta.
1. Motivate. Can you think of some powerful words to motivate your followers? Perhaps some encouragement or wisdom? You do this all the time in class, why not bring it out on social? Consider offering motivation on a regular basis so your followers come to expect it on the same day every week. Maybe a weekly 60 second Monday Motivation video?
2. Sing. Video can be much more than just talking! Sing or chant your favorite song and consider taking requests like this yogi!
3. Read Poetry. Really! We all need more poetry in our lives. Read to us, inspire us, and make our day a little more profound.
4. Breath. Take your followers through a beautiful and relaxing breathing exercise. Sixty seconds of breath work could completely alter someone’s day.
5. Move. Film a short, but fun asana sequence and get us up and in our bodies. Make it real. Show us where you practice at home. It doesn’t need to be picture perfect. Crying babies and cats are welcome. A little tripod that can hold your phone is all you need (or even a yoga block or a stack of books).
6. Show. A video doesn’t always have to be a talking head! Consider switching the view around and showing us your view. Let us peek at where you have your mat set up or what your altar looks like or how you make your morning smoothie. #reallife
Want more of social media content ideas? Join our free 40 Day Social Media Challenge.
If you found this post helpful, you should check out our Soulful MBA Resource Library — where we have more free tutorials, workbooks, and trainings to help you prepare to launch your online teaching business.
“Are you starting an online business? Or eager to take your existing business to the next level? If so, you MUST hire a virtual assistant (VA).” Or, at least, that’s what we were told back when we first launched our company. At the start of our entrepreneurial...
Wouldn’t it be nice if launching a new social media account for your business actually led to meaningful interactions with your prospective clients? How fabulous would it be if upgrading your Instagram presence to “business class” was clearly and unquestionably...
So many Namastream teachers reach out to us asking, “How can I possibly be successful when there are so many other yoga teachers, health coaches, fill-in-the-blanks, online already?” The answer we always give is, “But they’re not YOU.” The world doesn’t need a handful...