The 14 Best Business Books of 2017
We read (and re-read) a bunch of useful and inspiring books this year that have helped us navigate this entrepreneurial rollercoaster. Some are new and others are classics. Here’s a short list of our favorites:
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World — Cal Newport
- Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person — Shonda Rhimes
- Will It Fly? How to Test Your Next Business Idea So You Don’t Waste Your Time and Money — Pay Flynn
- The Great Work of Your Life: A Guide for the Journey to Your True Calling — Stephen Cope
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance — Angela Duckworth
- Unfinished Business: Women Men Work Family — Anne-Marie Slaughter
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom — Don Miguel Ruiz and Janet Mills
- Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative — Austin Kleon
- Anything You Want — Derek Sivers
- The Power of Meaning: Finding Fulfillment in a World Obsessed with Happiness — Emily Esfahani Smith
- Authority: Become an Expert, Build a Following, and Gain Financial Independence — Nathan Barry
- You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth — Jen Sincero
- The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level — Gay Hendricks
- What to Do When it’s Your Turn (and it’s Always Your Turn) — Seth Godin
- Life Is a Video Game—Here Are the Cheat Codes — Mark Manson*
Has one of these books made a major impact in your life this year? Are there others you would add? Let us know by sharing your favorites in our free Soulful MBA Facebook Group.
* Not a book, but worth including. If you’ve not yet read this blog post, read it today. Seriously.*
If you found this post helpful, you should check out our Soulful MBA Resource Library — where we have more free tutorials, workbooks, and trainings to help you prepare to launch your online teaching business.
So many Namastream teachers reach out to us asking, “How can I possibly be successful when there are so many other yoga teachers, health coaches, fill-in-the-blanks, online already?” The answer we always give is, “But they’re not YOU.” The world doesn’t need a handful...
When we recently announced that Namastream teachers could begin installing a Facebook Pixel on their studio sites, we were immediately peppered with eager questions from our community. How should they do this? Is it essential? What are the benefits? How will it help...
Friends, we need to talk about commitment. And not just committing to an idea for a business; that’s the easy part! It’s thrilling to revel in the dream, spending weeks or months plotting and planning while slowly falling in love with your hypothetical yoga studio or...